In few easy steps will tell you how to measure for your new kitchen.
- Sketch an outline of your kitchen.
- Mark windows, doors, and any openings or obstacles like pipes, vents, radiators.
- Measure each wall (corner to corner/corner to the end of the wall).
- Measure the width of windows and doorways (from the outside trim to outside trim), measure height if necessary (if for example – window drops below cabinet level, or you want to put a cabinet above the window or door).
- Measure the distance from either end of the wall or corner to the outside trim of the window (same for doorways).
- Measure the height of the room (try in few places – to make sure it’s the same).
- Measure the distance from either end of the wall or corner to the middle of the existing sink, or to any water pipes or drain (same for and gas lines or power outlets meant for stove or oven).
- Have measurements for all existing appliances – or if you’re getting new ones please have any specifications that the manufacture should provide for installation.